Online Casino Payment Methods in South Africa
There are a variety of online casino payment methods in South Africa. This is to ensure players are able to make deposits and withdraw their payments with ease from an online casino. But, the problem for many people is finding and choosing the right option for their online gambling needs. Even though most of these options are reliable, they work differently, and the same payment option may not be ideal for every player.
When choosing a payment method out of the available online casino payment solution, there are tons of factors to consider. They are: the cost implications of using a method, the ease of use, and the online casino offers. Plus, the reliability of the institution behind the payment option. Determining these by yourself can be time-consuming, especially if your goal is to play and earn real money quickly.
The team behind Best South Africa Casinos have compiled a list of the leading casino payment solution you can find in South Africa. We have also covered how you can use them for payments, pros and cons, and other important information. Keep reading to find out more!
The Best Online Casinos Payment Methods in 2023
What you Should know about Casino Payment Methods
Understanding differences of online casino payment methods is crucial. And most South African online gambling platforms have one goal for payment. This is to ensure that players can make deposits and withdraw money as securely and quickly as possible. They partner with various institutions that facilitate payments on the platform to achieve this.
With the available casino payment options, players will be able to play any of the casino games of their choice. Most online casinos use recent security methods so that your information does not fall into the wrong hands when you make payment. This is particularly the case when players use options like credit cards and debit cards that require them to input information on the site.
Other major options include prepaid cards and other E-wallets. If you decide to use any of these options, you must fund them using other payment solutions like debit or credit cards. Players who have no credit card can use wire transfers. But these will require that there are adequate funds in the account to use this option. The best part about this is that anyone with a South African cheque account can utilize it.
What is a Casino Payment Provider?
Casinos offer tons of online payment methods to enable players to make fast withdrawals and deposits. However, these online casinos do not create these payment options themselves. Instead, they partner with casino payment providers who then provide the service on behalf of the casino.
Casino payment providers are simply third-party organisations. And they aid casinos in accepting payments from players. These may range from credit cards, debit cards, and prepaid card providers. Sometimes they may include popular banking institutions that help casinos in ensuring payment. These experts simply ensure that every transaction made by players in the casino goes from point A to B quickly and securely.
The casino payment provider ensures that transactions are completed securely. From when a player inputs his/her details to facilitate payment to when the payment is complete. Reliable payment providers come with various security measures in addition to those offered by the casino. This is why most South African casinos stick with licensed and reputable payment providers. Instead of allowing players to use other payment methods.
Making Deposits at Online Casinos in SA: A Guide
Most Popular Online Casinos Payment Methods in South Africa
Some payment methods are more popular than others because of their efficiency and reputation. Below are a few of some of these options and important facts about them.
This is a credit card that is recognized around the globe. It has been offering payment solutions for over 50 years and has managed to keep a stellar reputation. It is supported by most casinos and ensures fast deposits, good security, and high deposit limits. The best part is that it is available 24/7, which means you can deposit and play in casinos any time!
This is another well-known payment provider. It offers unbeatable money transactions to tons of individuals around the world. The company covers more than 200 countries, and SA is no exception. Today, you will hardly find an online casino that does not support this option, and it is known for its safety, speed, and reliability.
EasyEFT is a payment solution that was created by South Africans and is only available to SA gamblers as it works alongside the top banking institutions in SA. It is a fairly new payment option, and EFT donates electronic funds transfer system. The payment option does not require credit card information, ensures fast withdrawals and is widely available in SA casinos.
Bank or Wire transfer is one of the safest methods available for SA gamblers today. This requires players to provide details like bank account numbers, usernames, and IBAN number to make deposits. However, this method is quite slow and can take up to 5 business days to process transactions.
SID Instant EFT
The SID instant EFT is another payment option that is exclusive to gamblers is SA. It partners with top South African banks, including the Standard Bank and First National Bank. Once you select this option as a means of payment in SA casinos, simply fill in your bank details and input your deposit amount to complete the deposit.
This is a virtual credit card provided by Visa. It works the same way a debit card does, except that it has no physical card. Once you sign up for an Entropay card, you get a virtual card with your name, CVV, 16-digit number, and expiry dates. You can add money to the Entropay account using bank transfers, and making payments in online casinos is the same as using a normal Visa card. Since Visa backs it, you can be certain of speed, safety, and security.
PayPal is a top name when it involves electronic digital currency deposits. It has become extremely popular in online casinos and is free to use for online payments. PayPal is extremely secure and allows for fast payments. Lastly, since it only requires an email when making payments, your information won't fall into the wrong hands. This means you can gamble as you please without any worry.
This is one of the most popular e-wallets globally, which was formerly called Moneybookers. The payment option is very simple and fast and is one of the go-to options for SA players. In most cases, deposits with this option are instant, while withdrawals take up to 24hours!
Neteller is a payment option that numerous online casinos around the globe support. Neteller requires only your email address which keeps you anonymous. What's more, it is extremely secure and supports instant deposits in online casinos.
This is an e-wallet based in the UK. It is a payment option that many South Africans support, and it has become a top choice for many SA gamblers. You will need to open an ecoPayz account for free to use this option, and you can top up the account to make payments. This is a great option for those on a budget who want to control their spending.
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are the best options for those who value their privacy. This payment option is becoming more popular in online casinos, with Bitcoin taking the lead. Payments with bitcoin are fast, and because of the extra security it provides, you can play without hassles.
Casino Payment Methods: Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
Most online gambling payment options allow you to deposit any amount you choose, starting from as little as ZAR 1. However, most online casinos have set a minimum deposit of ZAR 10. This deposit amount is not fixed in all casinos, as you will find some that have a set minimum deposit of ZAR 20 or more. This means it is important to check the casino terms and conditions first before you choose.
On the other hand, the maximum deposits are dependent on the payment option you choose in phone casinos. Payment providers like Visa, Mastercard and other e-wallets support a maximum deposit of ZAR 10,000 without extra charges. For withdrawals, the rules are similar, with the casino determining the minimum and maximum amount you can withdraw. Some pay by phone casinos will let you withdraw a minimum of ZAR 10, while others won’t let you withdraw until you have up to ZAR 50.
Maximum withdrawals may fall within the ranges of ZAR 10,000 to as high as ZAR 100, 000 depending on the online casino you choose. Make sure you do your findings properly before registering at the South African online casino and choosing one of the online payment methods to know the available limits.
Tips on Choosing the Best Casino Payment Methods for You
There are tons of online casino payment methods today, all with their benefits and drawbacks. This means a payment option may work for you and not work for someone else. To help you settle for the ideal option to withdraw money in online casinos, we have put together a few things to consider to help you decide.
- Widely accepted: Any casino option you want to choose should be widely accepted in online casinos. This will ensure you can play on any platform without worries.
- Secure and Safe: Go with a completely secure option. You want to be at peace anytime you do transactions, knowing that your details won’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Privacy: If privacy is important to you, then choose an option that does not reveal your details. Cryptocurrencies are the best bet in this regard. These payment solutions allow you to play in casinos without the need to reveal any details.
- Transaction Speed: You want a casino payment option that processes payments instantly. It can be exhausting waiting for ages for your transactions to be processed, especially when you want to play your favourite games. You want a payment option that processes deposits and withdrawals quickly.
- Limits: All payment options have limits. Make sure you go with the option with limits that align with your play style.
- Bonus offers: Bonuses are freebies you get when you play in South African online casinos. Using specified payment solutions will get you access to various bonuses. Choose an online casino payment method that offers you fun incentives and bonuses.
- Fees: Payment options require fees to complete transactions. These fees vary depending on the payment option, so you want to go with one that does not come with too many fees.
Pros and Cons of Different Casino Payment Methods
If you want to gamble in an online casino for real money, you will need to choose one of the payment methods available. Yet, choosing the right option can be tricky, especially if you don’t know which to settle for. This is because they all come with pros and cons attached, and it is important to check each before you choose.
Instead of randomly picking an option, weighing these pros and cons is advisable so you don’t have to worry while gambling. To help you out, we have compiled the pros and cons of some of the most popular online casino banking options. All you need to do is study them and use them to guide your decision.
Prepaid Credit Cards
Numerous SA online casinos support prepaid credit cards. Unlike popular credit cards, the prepaid credit card does not need you to input your bank details. This means you can play in an online casino without worrying about your information falling into the wrong hands. In addition to this, you still enjoy many other benefits covered below.
- Prepaid cards are accepted in many top online casinos
- They are not attached to your bank account. This means you don’t have to worry if they fall into the wrong hands.
- You can only spend the amount on the prepaid card. This can help you to budget and manage your expenses when playing in online casinos.
- You can use prepaid cards even if you don’t have a good credit history. This is not the case with credit cards.
- Transactions are secure and fast
- Prepaid cards have a one-year expiry. If you don’t use the funds loaded on the card at that point, you lose them.
- This option may not be ideal for high rollers since they can’t accommodate more than ZAR 1,000.
- You can’t withdraw using a prepaid card. You will be required to include your debit or credit card details to get earnings.
- The fees may sometimes be high
Vouchers replace the need for using cash in online casinos. Here, you purchase a voucher with a fixed amount and load it onto your online casino using the PIN attached. There are various options depending on your location, but the common ones include Paysafecard, Neosurf, and Flexepin. Similar to other payment options, these have a few pros and cons.
- This payment option is supported in most countries
- It is easy to purchase and use a voucher. You will find them in many convenience stores, supermarkets etc., near you.
- They offer a high level of security since you will need a PIN to use the money on the voucher.
- It can help you budget better since you can only spend the money on the voucher.
- This option does not require your bank information
- If the PIN falls into the wrong hands, your voucher can be compromised
- You can lose the voucher if you are not careful
- It is impossible to withdraw earnings from online casinos using vouchers
- Many vouchers can only accommodate up to ZAR 200, which can be little if you are a high roller
E-wallets are becoming more popular in online casinos each day. These are digital wallets that you can use to make payments in online casinos. E-wallets are secure and extremely fast, which is why many players prefer them. Popular e-wallets available in SA casinos include PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, etc.
- You don’t need to input your bank information in online casinos if you use e-wallets.
- They are accepted in a wide range of online casinos
- Setting up an e-wallet is easy, and you can be done in minutes
- E-wallets use recent security protocols to keep you safe
- E-wallets are faster than most payment solutions when used for withdrawals.
- Losing your password means losing your funds
- E-wallets may sometimes have fees attached
- If you don’t use your e-wallet for a long time, you will be charged a fee for account dormancy.
Cryptocurrencies offer an anonymous way to make payments and are becoming increasingly popular worldwide. Today, you will find them in many online casinos because of their speed, efficiency, privacy, and low cost. Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency, but you will find options like Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash etc.
- You don’t need to attach your bank account to use cryptocurrencies for payments.
- Payments with cryptocurrencies are fast
- They are completely anonymous
- Cryptocurrencies are completely safe
- The value of cryptocurrencies appreciates. If you withdraw your money using this method, it can appreciate even more later.
- Cryptocurrencies are volatile
- It has a very steep learning curve, and it will take a while to learn how the wallet works.
- If you send a crypto payment to an incorrect address, you lose your money forever.
Casino Payment Methods FAQs
What is important when selecting a payment method?
There are various factors to consider when selecting a payment method. These include the fees, bonuses attached, limits, transaction speed, and acceptance. If you properly consider all of these, you will easily find a payment method that is right for you.
Which options are safe & secure?
All of the payment options that reputable institutions power are safe and secure. However, one of the most secure options is online bank transfer, but this takes up to 5 working days to process payments. You can also check all the options we have covered on our recommended list for more options.
What methods are faster?
Out of payment options available, e-wallets are the fastest and make a great option if you want speed. If you make a deposit using e-wallets, the payment reflects instantly in your account, while deposits may take up to 24 hours. Payments with credit and debit cards are also instant for deposits, but withdrawals take up to 2 days. Wire transfers are the slowest as they can take up to 5 working days for withdrawals to reflect.
Should I choose an e-wallet over debit or credit?
This is dependent on what your requirements are when playing in a casino. If you want privacy and speed, e-wallets are your best bet. E-wallets don't require your bank information before you make payments, and deposits are instant in online casinos. Credit or debit cards are great, but you will be required to input essential banking information in the casino. This may not be ideal if your privacy is crucial to you.
Which is the fastest withdrawal option at online casinos?
The fastest withdrawal options at online casinos are e-wallets. These payment option takes between 24hours – 2 days for payments to be processed. Debit cards and credit cards are also quite fast, with withdrawals taking between 1 – 3 days. Online bank transfers take the most time and require up to 5 working days for processing payments.
What documentation is required for making withdrawals at online casinos in South Africa?
Most online casinos in SA will require a valid government ID, proof of address, and payment account. These are required for KYC check and ensure that casinos accept or provide money to individuals engaging in laundering activities. Casinos do this to ensure they stay in operation and keep you safe. You must provide all of these when playing in casinos, so you don't have issues with withdrawals.
Are there any withdrawal or deposit limits?
Yes, all casinos have deposit and withdrawal limits. The figure in each casino differs, so it is important that you read through the terms and conditions of the casinos first to note the limit before you register. While the limits in some casinos may be ideal for high rollers, others may not.
Can I track previous deposits and withdrawals?
Yes, you can. Some online casino payment methods provide an extensive record of all the payments you have made in the past to allow you to track your payments. E-wallets are great examples of this and will allow you to budget properly.
Which casino instant withdrawals methods are recommended?
There are many recommended instant withdrawal methods depending on your goals. However, we recommend options like E-wallets since withdrawals with this option could get your funds out of your online casino account instantly or in 2 days. This is faster than many of the other online casino payment methods.